Dental Implants | Virginia Beach, VA
In the past, dentures were the only option available for people who suffered tooth loss due to decay, periodontal disease or injury. With advancements in technology and materials, dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular method for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are replacement tooth roots made with titanium supports surgically fused with your jaw bone. The titanium posts provide a strong foundation for the attachment of natural-looking prosthetic teeth.
Dental implants have proven to be a excellent long-term option for restoring your smile. If you are considering dental implants to replace missing teeth, the dental professionals at the Gentle Dental Center of Virginia Beach will guide you through every step of the decision. It is our aim to educate you on the best options for treatment and partner with you to meet and exceed your smile goals.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to having dental implants. Most patients find having permanent teeth placed to be easier to care for and maintain than removable dentures. Other benefits include:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They are a permanent treatment for missing teeth and integrate naturally into your smile. You can floss and brush your dental implants like natural teeth. You can smile, laugh and speak with confidence.
- Increased comfort. Implants are part of your natural smile and eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures. Eating is as easy and comfortable as before because dental implants function like natural teeth. There are no dietary restrictions with dental implants. You can eat your favorite foods anytime.
- Improved oral health. Dental bridges can be difficult to clean. With implants, you will have easier access between teeth to continue oral hygiene routines leading to better overall oral health.
- Durable. Dental implants are made with high-quality, durable material made to last a lifetime.
- Convenient. Removing dentures is inconvenient. Dental implants are permanent and do not require messy adhesives to hold them in place.
- Preventing bone loss. Bone loss can be prevented by giving the jawbone a replacement tooth with a root that can exert the same pressure as natural teeth. Consistent pressure through chewing maintains the integrity of the bone and prevents atrophy.